More than 162 Poker terms & expressions
If you are new to the world of online Poker, the wealth of Poker related terminology might be a bit overwhelming at
first. For that reason we have compiled this glossary. This list is not exhaustive, but we aim to provide you with a comprehensive reference that explains interesting and colorful internet terminology you are likely to encounter in the online casino world. Although it's not essential for you to be familiar with all these terms in order to play the game, they're still good to know.
Aces UpA Two pair with one pair being aces. For example, a two pair of aces and jacks.
- player's turn to act. If a player appears not to realize that the action is on him, the dealer will say "Your action, sir."
- Betting, raising, and calling. A game with a lot of action is a game in which a lot of money is floating around.
- A bet, along with all the calls of that bet. For example, if a player makes a $5 bet and four other players call, he is said to have $5 "in action", and to
have received $20 worth of action on his bet.
- For certain situations in poker, doing something formally connected with the game that conveys information about your hand may also be considered as having taken action.
Examples would be showing your cards at the end of the hand, or indicating the number of cards you are taking at draw.
Add OnAn option to purchase more chips during an online Poker tournament.
- Commonly used to describe an online Poker player´s style. An aggressive player typically raises and re-raises and rarely calls.
- A wager that could enable a player to win a pot without a showdown; a bet or raise.
All InBetting all of your remaining online Poker chips into the pot.
AnteA mandatory bet in online Poker placed by all players before cards are dealt as a way to create a pot. Also see blind.